Friday, March 4, 2011

Leaving on Saturday the 5th of March

It seems like it is taking a lot longer to get ready for my pilgrimage than I had expected. Finally things are coming together and the things necessary to participate at the Habitat for Humanity are all in the truck. Found some work clothes and boots for the HFH job and enough stuff to hold me for awhile.
Also I have found places to stay on most nights I am in the area so that will be good too. Hope to add a few pictures when I finally leave town. Am planning to stop in Holbrook the first night out and then on to Santa Fe by Sunday.
Received a message from the Hummingbird Community which is in the Mora Valley and they sound like a wonderful group of people to visit. They are an intentional community that are quite self sufficient from what I can tell. So I am going there after completing my stay at HFH and hope to gain some spiritual insight in a very peaceful loving area.
Will write more soon!

1 comment:

  1. You have picked some wonderful spots. Hummingbird Community is a very interesting place. Say hello to Bob for me...met him on a plane ride from Atlanta...talked non-stop but have never made it out to Mora! Keep us posted. Joyful Journey!

    ReplyDelete