Sunday, February 27, 2011

Getting Ready? Not So Fast!

I thought this journey would go smoothly but as we know life does not really work that way. For the past several days I have been trying to line up people on Couch Surfing to host me and thought this was going pretty well. Then I found people were declining to host me which led to gaps in my lodging needs.  Sooo...... I created a huge spreadsheet to show names dates, time of CS request, accept or decline and the dates of being accepted and linked this all to a big calendar in Outlook. Then I saw all the gaps. Oh the perils of being an engineer forever! 
Well can't overplan this trip or it will be too structured and that was not the original idea. There  must be time to flow and rest and relax and see what is going on in addition to some of my planned seva activities. So with less than a week to go before departure I think I won't try to beg for more CS hosts. I have several and hope they will work out.
The Santa Fe and Taos portion of my trip is starting to really resonate with me and am definitely looking forward to what these areas have to offer.

I found a poem recently and thought I would share it as it seems to be resonating with my thinking at this time.


Was thinking of the poem by Henry Van Dyke  that was made famous in the 60's by David La Flamme and the band "It's a Beautiful Day".
here it is:


Time is too slow for those who wait,
too swift for those who fear,
too long for those who grieve,
too short for those who rejoice,
but for those who love,
time is eternity.
This is what I am feeling now as I embark on my journey, yes "Time Is"

No comments:

Post a Comment