Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Couch Surfing and Habitat for Humanity

Well I have been pretty busy the last two days and am finding myself tired as can be from my work at Habitat for Humanity. Monday the 7th I couched surfed with a beautiful host and her name is Lyric. We hit it off right away and we had a great visit along with lunch and wine in the evening. Her house is an old adobe casita in downtown Santa Fe with walls about a foot thick. It is cozy and homey and Lyric has a kitty who made right up to me. I learned where some good restaurants are and ate at the Jamba Cafe which was a vegetarian restaurant with a great selection.
Here are a few pictures:
My lovely host Lyric

Had to get our heads together for this homemade self portrait!


A furry friend who kept me company at night

Tonight I am staying at a place with great spiritual energy and I even have my own Bodhisattva in my room. My hosts name is Kate and i helped her get her new printer put together as soon as I arrived. I am always fixing things wherever I go, it seems to be part of my makeup and is certainly part of my seva.
I have a calico cat here who helps me do email and keeps me company in the evening.

Miss Calico Cat helping with the Laptop
I am going to be staying at the Habitat couch Thursday and Friday so no kitty there. Will have to post pictures of the house we are working on. It will be a nice place for a local family when it is done. We have been doing drywall for the last two days and it is hard dirty work. Maybe something new tomorrow! The people are real nice and many of the workers have been volunteering for years so I am just a new comer.  That is the news from Santa Fe. This is really a very nice area and I will be exploring more on the weekend.
Nameste.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so exciting! It's awesome that there are kitties where you go so you don't get lonesome for furry friends. :)

    I love you, Brian!!!

    ReplyDelete