Saturday, March 5, 2011

First Night on the Road-in Holbrook AZ

Well I am finally on my way!
Got to Holbrook this afternoon and am staying in a motel that definitely appears to be on the wrong side of the tracks. In fact the Santa Fe tracks are right outside my window soit will feel like Flagstaff, AZ with all the trains going by.
Ate some dinner in a little Italian restaurant across town which was wonderful. There were people from everywhere stopping there to eat. It must be the Mesa Italiano has a far reaching reputation.
There won't be any more fancy meals like this after I get to Santa Fe I am sure.
Next door to this place is the Wigwam Motel with huge tepees. How strange, People actually stay in the tepees it looks like.

Here is a picture or two taken at home as I was getting ready to leave.

My little helper would like to come along on the trip!


A full load and me thinking about leaving
I am still wondering how to explain my intentions to my first host on Tuesday. I think she is going to be rather direct with  me and ask what I am trying to accomplish. I can answer the question but not in complete detail as I think the key to my spiritual growth is going to unfold in stages.
I am actually looking forward to this experience although it may come as a bit of catharsis. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment