Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Busy week at Habitat for Humanity

This has been a pretty busy week at HFH. But first there are some images from my previous week that I thought were quite good.

My host Peter in the Kitchen

Me at Kitchen Table

Laurianne with her orange kitty

Laurianne with her gray kitty

The traveler at the Garden of the Gods -Big Rocks

More of the Garden of the Gods

Laurianne is a neighbor of Peter's and she is an accomplished musician who plays several different instruments. She gives concerts and goes on tour and I am totally amazed at her ability and work schedule.
The big rocks are on the road to Madrid NM where I went to do a little exploring. Madrid is a funky coal mining town which might compare to Oatman AZ (gold) or Jerome AZ (copper). More can be seen on Facebook pictures.
On the way back from Madrid Istoped in a field to find a place to clear my mind and meditate on the events of the last few days and try to gain perspective on my pilgrimage. The spot was warm and beautiful and I removed all my clothes and sat in the field looking southwest into and endless sky and breathing deeply. As thoughts came and went I suddenly found myself very tired and floating away and so I put my hat over my face and fell into a slumber. After much time had passed I was startled by a huge bird who landed directly on my head and brought me back into reality with a great shock. He gave out a loud cry like a mockingbird and then flew away. This was really and amazing experience and I am still trying to decide what it means. I know these experiences will continue if I always look for the right place to stop and free my mind.

The last two days at Habitat were different as college kids are here from out of town and they are helping to paint. This means I won't have to paint and instead  I am doing carpenter work. The college kids are very enthusiastic and really want to help out.
Bed time now must close.

1 comment:

  1. Garden of the Gods...oh do I have a stories to tell. Do your hosts know someone in Santa Fe named Francine? My whole move to NM was inspired by the incredible vortex of energy and land there at Garden of the Gods.

    ReplyDelete