Thursday, March 10, 2011

Third Day at HFH

Today was cold and dreary when I awoke. Got some hot food to get me started then off to the house. The work crew was small and some people were called away leaving me and one other person to finish drywall which was slow going. Since I am the new guy I got to clean paint brushes at the end of the day.
Supposedly we are going to work on another house tomorrow since the drywall mud crew was working today where I was working. 
I am soo. tired I can hardly stand up after squatting down to do some of the jobs. Some of the guys are really old and they seem better at this work than me, maybe because they do it constantly.

Talked to my supervisor for awhile, he wanted to know what I was striving for on my spiritual pilgrimage. He gave me a lesson on a number of the worlds religions and what the world view of each is from the participants standpoint. Also wanted me to consider the strengths of each faith. I know my supervisor is a Christian but the was no attempt to pressure me in any direction. In the past I would have resented the discussion but now it seems relevant.
Too tired to think now, tomorrow is the end of the first week for me.
Goodnight all!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations....you are truly on your spiritual journey!!!

    ReplyDelete