Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Free Weekend in Santa Fe

Well it feels good not to be working at the house for a change.  I am now staying in rural Santa Fe out in the country with a fellow named Peter who is a photographer.  There is a lot of open space around here and the area is very peaceful with coyotes calling at night. 
I finally got to do my laundry at a very hip laundromat in downtown Santa Fe. There were very cool dudes and gals washing their clothes and it was a fun experience just to people watch. There is a Natural Foods type coop nearby and lots of neat shops around there. It was not far from the Plaza where I finally went for a walk around the old part of Santa Fe.

This past Friday I took a few pictures of our work on the house.

The first house I worked on which is well along the way
A view of the drywall work that I slaved over


This house is framed with outside walls done. We were working  on the roof on Friday


On Saturday I went up to Las Vegas to check out a series of hot springs near the United World College. The trip went thru some really beautiful country and not much traffic at all. The springs were easy to reach near the road and very popular  I could see. They did require bathing suits however as it is in a public place. Everyone there was pretty laid back so I enjoyed my outing.
I am going over to Jemez to look around today for a little exploring there, will report more later.




No comments:

Post a Comment