Friday, March 11, 2011

One week completed at Habitat for Humanity

The first week is over and it was sure a tiring week for me. The changeable weather and blinding sun today made the job even more difficult that it would have been otherwise. Also the high altitude makes me short of breath I find.
Today we met the homeowner who will be moving into the house we have been working on. She is a single mom and is required to put in volunteer hours in order to qualify for the house.  
We went to do roof work today and there was a gale blowing which sort of made it hard to stand up on the roof. We got a lot of the work done even though things went blowing away pretty often.

Three days off to recover! I hope to visit downtown Santa  Fe over the weekend and see some of the famous spots. I went to 10000 waves hot tubs tonight and found it very relaxing. It is set up like a Japanese hot spring and has communal bathing. It was not crowded at all.  I have had a number of people say it was really nice and one person found it decadent so decided to see for myself. It seems to be a good place for meditation but was too tired tonight to take advantage of this calm oasis.

I will be couch surfing in south Santa Fe this weekend so will report more soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Brian. You are really having quite the adventure! Hope you will get to return to the communal bath house when you have more energy to really enjoy it. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete